The Directors* of the CEUG Board shall be:
- Director-at-Large (including past and future conference chairs)
*Annually, one Director (this excludes the Treasurer) will be named as Co-Chair who will act in the Chair’s absence on their behalf and will serve as one of the three signatories to make disbursements as authorized by the Board.
Terms of Office
The Inaugural Board (as elected at the 2018 CEUG Conference) will serve as a minimum until the 2019 CEUG Conference.
At the 2019 Conference and beyond, Directors will be elected for a minimum of two years, and a maximum of three years (as determined at the CEUG Conference).
Duties of the Directors
- Preside at the annual CEUG conference, the annual CEUG User’s Group meeting at the Ellucian Live Conference, the Annual Business Meetings and CEUG Board meetings;
- Solicit agenda items and prepare the agenda for all membership and Board meetings;
- Appoint such standing or special committees as may be required to carry out the purposes of the CEUG;
- Serve as one of three signatories to make disbursements as authorized by the Directors; and
- Perform other duties necessary and incidental to the office of Chair.
- Act as the home institution for the financial holdings of the CEUG;
- Keep an account of all monies received and expended;
- Serve as one of three signatories to make disbursements as authorized by the Board in formal motions (expenditures in excess of $100.00);
- Prepare annual financial report of the transactions and fiscal condition of the CEUG;
- Deliver to the successive Treasurer or to the Chair all books, monies, and other property at the expiration of the term of office; and
- Perform other duties necessary and incidental to the office of Treasurer.
- Maintain all articles of the corporation (for ex., articles of incorporation, articles of continuance and/or articles of amalgamation), by-laws and their amendments, unanimous members agreements, minutes of members and committee meetings and resolutions of members and committees of members on the CEUG website (www.ceug.ca);
- Maintain a Directors register showing: the name and residential address of each director, an email address (if the director has consented to receiving information or documents electronically), the date on which each person named in the register became a Director and the date on which each person named in the register ceased to be a Director; and
- Maintain a members register showing: the name and business address of each member, an email address (if the member has consented to receiving information or documents electronically), the date on which each person named in the register became a member, the date on which each person named in the register ceased to be a member and the class or group of membership of each member.
- Lead the communications to member institutions and CEUG communications strategy
- Liaises with vendors and partners as required to manage sponsorship relationships
- Liaises with the Organizing Committee (OC) for the annual conference and it’s team of Directors (Program, Logistics, Sponsorship and Communications)
- Manages technology infrastructure for the CEUG.ca website and internal Board communication tools
- Coordinates volunteer members as required
- Assists the other Directors as required
Note: A Co-Chair will be appointed annually. The Co-Chair will act in the Chair’s absence or on their behalf; and will serve as one of three signatories to make disbursements as authorized by the Directors.
Code of Conduct
Effective governance of the CEUG is contingent on Directors fulfilling roles and responsibilities with the highest standards of conduct.
Upon election, Directors will sign a declaration that they will:
- Act with integrity and in good faith in this position of trust;
- Be committed to, and act in, the best interests of the CEUG while representing their constituent groups;
- Comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws as related to Board;
- Act in the best interest of the organization with the fiduciary duties of the role;
- Declare any conflicts of interest or any circumstances that could be construed as a conflict of interest; and
- Maintain the confidentiality of the business of the Board.
All Directors with financial signing authority will be required to submit a Criminal Background Check (costs to be borne by the CEUG) upon joining and then a declaration each year indicating any change/no change in status.